Monday 25 January 2010

014 - Published

YEAH cover shoot

This morning YEAH released an image of latest magazine which I shot the cover for.


As soon as I saw my photo like this I suddenly went from not liking the project to it being one of my favourite pieces of work. Which I suppose reinforces the point that the output of photography is vital to the way it's read. A point that had been brought up a lot recently at uni in essays and presentations, but what I have missed is that the context will change the visual power of the image. I think a major aspect of the original shoot that I didn't like was the large portion of negative space at the top of the image. It's only been cropped a little, but now that the title is there I think it add's to the image. Or, at least covers the part that detracts from the image!

But I'm proud. It's been a new genre, a new style and a new context. I think it's gone well

Magazine is out on the 15th Feb. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment