Tuesday 24 November 2009

006 - Film

Beaufort


I recently watched this film and the first thing that struck me is how little happened in it, yet it said so much. It had an incredible atmosphere and the whole film was punctuated by perpetual yet somehow always unexpected mortar fire, always accom
panied by the dull voice of a bored lookout; "incoming, incoming".

Certain scenes struck me on a purely visual basis:


These stills are taken from inside the complex maze that is the bunker. A character, Ziv, is trying to find his way around the bunker and the cinematography is perfect for this moment.
I just think it's a fantastic location and they did it justice.

It's a location I would've loved to have access to back when I shot these in January:





It's a series I want to go back and re-visit, expand it beyond just the one location. I've scouted a few locations that would be good, hopefully once the workload of uni goes down I'll be able to give it some more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment