Saturday 21 November 2009

003 - Band

Sigur Rós

I know I'm way behind on talking about them but as I was belatedly unpacking a box today I found a few CD's. I knew I liked them, but it didn't take long before I realised just how much. I was half way through the first song when I realised the second had started and just as seamlessly I was taken back to my time in Iceland 9 months ago. In just one February week I felt at home in a stranger's country. Both personally and photographically I felt the most inspired, I felt stronger than I ever have been. I don't feel that I will ever choose to go back, I just have the feeling that that is where I will end up. I wonder if maybe I should have taken a bigger step, taken a risk and just gone there. As much as I enjoy Bournemouth, I just don't feel as creative here.

And although these will never be my proudest work, for me they define that week in Iceland. Just as that week defined me.






No comments:

Post a Comment